Lodge Secretary – W Bro Colin Buchanan PDGReg
Phone: (07) 867-8313
The Lodge meets on the fourth Wednesday of each month with the exception of January and February.
Tyling is at 10:30 am
The Installation meeting is on the fourth Saturday of August Tyling at 1.00pm
Informal Lodges of Instruction are on the second and third Tuesdays of each month at the Lodge Rooms at 10.30am.
Note: Ladies are welcome to attend lunch following Lodge meetings and Instructions.
The Corinthian Lodge was founded on the 5th of October 1876, and consecrated on the 16th November of that year, at the Masonic Hall, Queen St., Thames (which was the Irish Constitution Hall). Edward Thomas WILDMAN was the first master.
The names of the first brethren who signed the charter were Edward Thomas WILDMAN, Louis EHRENFRIED (Brewer), Henry GOLDSMITH, Alexander AITKEN, Edwin Wise HOLLIS, Alfred George HORTON (Newspaper Publisher), John Edwin MacDONALD, and others.
The monthly meetings of the Corinthian Lodge have been held regularly ever since without a break. In 1928 the Corinthian’s own building in Martha Street (on the present site) was completed, and the lodge shifted from the Irish temple to their own. This has been occupied continuously since, but was sold to the Lodge of Light (Irish) in the 1970’s, and in 1998 was again sold to a local solicitor , when Lodge of Light built the present building on the rear of the site as the
Thames Masonic Centre. That building now houses all Masonic Orders in Thames, the last to arrive being the Sir Walter SCOTT Lodge (NZ Constitution), on 6 December 2001.
Thus 3 craft lodges meet (English, Irish & NZ Constitutions), 1 Chapter (Irish), and 1 Conclave (Secret Monitor – English).
Material supplied by W.Bro. Ron Agnew.